Welcome to Year 6!
The children have made a great start to the year. They are enjoying our class book, 'Gorilla Dawn' and have already started writing some detailed pieces in English based on their reading. In Maths, they have been consolidating their place value and four operations knowledge, as well as reasoning and problem solving.
Some reminders and key points:
- Our homework grid has been uploaded under the useful year 6 resources. Where possible, homework should be emailed/photographed to us. Our email addresses are: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com . This homework is due in Wednesday 21st October. Children - please ask us if you need a paper copy.
- Spelling homework is being set weekly. Homework is sent home on Friday and is due in the following Friday. The children are tested on these words.
- Reading records should show evidence of the children reading every day. They should be signed by an adult from home at least twice a week. Reading records will be checked by an adult in school on a Friday.
- PE days are Thursday! Remember to send your child in to school wearing their PE kit.
- Please remember to send healthy snacks to school with your child!
Miss Day & Miss Shirazi